Friday, September 23, 2011

A Conversation Between 04 and 64


The car pulls up to a train track as the arms go down

64: McKenzie, look a train is going to go by and we get to see a train!

04: Yea!

64: Oh look it's the Virginia Railway Express! McKenzie, Grandma used to ride that every day to work in Washington, D.C.

04: What is it?

64: It's a commuter train - it carries people who live out here all the way to the capital. I used to work close to the White House where the President lives!

04: Do you still ride it?

64: No, I'm retired now. This was before I retired, before you were born. We just never talked about it before.

04: Why didn't you tell me about it when I was a baby?

64: I didn't think you would understand.

04: Grandma (frustrated but tolerating) my eyes were open.

So Grandma realizes that until this moment 04 thought she was retired her whole life. She has also reminded her Grandmother that babies are taking it all in - all the time.

Always, always talk to your babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment